We know self-quarantining can be boring, so we made a list of fun things for you and your family to do!
Activities for Everyone
Check out Levar Burton Reads! He’s reading Children’s Book on Mondays at 9:00 a.m., Young Adult Books on Wednesday at 3:00 p.m., and books for Adults on Fridays at 6:00 p.m.
Break out the chalk and decorate your driveway!
- Check out Live Cams from the San Diego Zoo and the Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Google Earth has Virtual Tours of 31 National Parks in the US!
- Virtual Museum Tours at:
- Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
- the National Art Gallery
- the Metropolitan Museum
- Art Institute Chicago
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Musée d’Orsay, Paris, France
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- MASP – Museu de Arte de São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand
- Canadian Museum of History
- Royal Ontario Museum
Activities for Adults
Take free online classes with:
- Brown University
- Columbia University at Columbia Online or ColumbiaX
- Cornell University at Cornell Online or CornellX
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard University
- Princeton University
- Yale University at Cousera or Open Yale Courses
- the Smithsonian
Stay fit with a fitness app like Nike Training Club!
Check out Reactions a YouTube series that explains chemical reactions produced by the American Chemical Society.
Stream old games from the NHL, MBA, NFL and more see this New York Post article for more!
Activities for Children
- Listen to our own Carol Siefken read stories!
- StorytimeOnline – YouTube Channel that posts story-times with celebrities!
- Enjoy a One-of-a-Kind Learning Experience from Disney Imagineers!
- Cressida Cowell, author of How to Train Your Dragon, is reading her books on YouTube!
Try our new virtual program I SPY AT MY HOUSE!
Games and Activities:
- Free Educational Sites!
- Learn about Nature!
- Games from Pearson!
- Games from PBS!
- Games from NASA!
- Online Games/Activities from the Smithsonian Science Education Center!
- Articles and Activities from Scholastic MATH!
- STEM games from the Concord Consortium!
- Want some non-screen activities? Try these:
Perhaps not as Fun: Government Services!
Talk to a mental health professional by texting PA to 741-741
Call 1-855-284-2494 to speak to a casework/mental health professional; they can also refer you to local resources.
Apply for WIC by calling 1-800-942-9467
Phone Meetings for Alcoholics Anonymous