We know self-quarantining can be boring, so we made a list of fun things for you and your family to do!
Activities for Everyone
Check out Levar Burton Reads! He’s reading Children’s Book on Mondays at 9:00 a.m., Young Adult Books on Wednesday at 3:00 p.m., and books for Adults on Fridays at 6:00 p.m.
Break out the chalk and decorate your driveway!
- Check out Live Cams from the San Diego Zoo and the Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Google Earth has Virtual Tours of 31 National Parks in the US!
- Virtual Museum Tours at:
Activities for Adults
Take free online classes with:
- Brown University
- Columbia University at Columbia Online or ColumbiaX
- Cornell University at Cornell Online or CornellX
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard University
- Princeton University
- Yale University at Cousera or Open Yale Courses
Stay fit with a fitness app like Nike Training Club!
Try virtually volunteering, see this ABC article for more information!
Stream old games from the NHL, MBA, NFL and more see this New York Post article for more!
Activities for Children
- Listen to our own Carol Siefken read stories!
- StorytimeOnline – YouTube Channel that posts story-times with celebrities!
- Doodle with children’s author Mo Willems every day at 1:00 p.m.!
- Mondays with Michelle Obama: April 27, May 4, and May 11 at 12:00 p.m.!
- Enjoy a One-of-a-Kind Learning Experience from Disney Imagineers!
- Shark Story Hour!
- Goodnight with Dolly, Dolly Parton reads bedtime stories!
- Cressida Cowell, author of How to Train Your Dragon, is reading her books on YouTube!
Try our new virtual program I SPY AT MY HOUSE!
Games and Activities:
- Free Educational Sites!
- Games from Pearson!
- Games from PBS!
- Games from NASA!
- Online Games/Activities from the Smithsonian Science Education Center!
- Articles and Activities from Scholastic MATH!
- Interactive Simulations from the University of Colorado!
- STEM games from the Concord Consortium!
- Want some non-screen activities? Try these:
Perhaps not as Fun: Government Services!
Talk to a mental health professional by texting PA to 741-741
Call 1-855-284-2494 to speak to a casework/mental health professional; they can also refer you to local resources.
Apply for WIC by calling 1-800-942-9467
Phone Meetings for Alcoholics Anonymous