The Murrysville Community Library is currently hiring for the Page position. Interested parties should send a completed application form to the Administrative Assistant Judy Shoemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Coordinator of Circulation Services Maria Cuccaro at email@example.com.
Position: Library Page
Reports to: Administrative Assistant
Qualifications: Attending or graduated from high school.
Experience as a Library Volunteer preferred.
Minimum age: Sixteen
- Sorts and shelves materials. Retrieves materials from the shelves upon request.
- Checks materials in and out.
- Performs shelf reading for proper order of materials, straightens books and other library materials. Shifts books and other materials as needed.
- Performs discard procedures as requested.
- Prepares materials for the reserve shelf.
- Performs clerical tasks as requested.
- Clears tables and keeps library rooms in order.
- Assists with Summer Reading Center duties in the absence of the Summer Aide.
- Performs closing routines.
- Performs other duties as required.
Hours and Wages: Pages are employed on an hourly schedule; the distribution of the hours will be scheduled monthly by the Page Supervisor and approved by the Library Director. Pages must be available to work during regular library hours (summer), after school until closing time, and on Saturdays. The rate of pay is $8.10/hr.