Welcome! We offer a wide selection of materials in our young adult section in the library, with access to books, movies, audiobooks, and graphic novels.
Want to be involved in what the library has to offer teens? Sign up for our Teen Advisory Board.
Next Teen Advisory Board Meeting:
Tuesday January 11th @ 6pm-7pm
Please bring your sign up forms and permission forms with you to the next meeting.
We will be discussing spring program ideas! Snacks and drinks will be provided.
Can’t make the next meeting? Contact one of our TAB staff advisors
What is the Teen Advisory Board?
A Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a group of people ages 12-18 who help the library run teen-centered programs, recommend young adult books/movies for the library to buy, promote the library to their friends, and generally help the library better serve teens.
What are some things that the Teen Advisory Board might do?
- Publish a book blog or newsletter
- Host movie nights at the library
- Run a book club
- Anything the TAB thinks would be a good idea – this is your group!
How can you be involved in the Teen Advisory Board?
Come to the TAB’s first meeting on TUESDAY OCTOBER 19th, 2021 at 6:00pm to brainstorm projects and get to know one another. The TAB will meet once a month during the school year and twice a month during the summer.
You can be a regular member or an officer in the TAB. An officer is a member with some additional responsibilities.
- President (lead meetings, carry out plans)
- Vice-President (lead meetings, carry out plans)
- Secretary (record meeting minutes, make progress reports on activities)
- Social Media Coordinator (manage social media presence)
- Energizer (choose icebreakers, keep meetings fun and positive)
The library appreciates your help and looks forward to working with you! All forms needed to join the Teen Advisory Board can be found in the Resources section below.